2019 Razor Clam Festival & Seafood Extravaganza
GRAYS HARBOR PROFESSIONAL CLAM CHOWDER CONTEST
- Saturday March 16 – 10am-6pm
- Sunday March 17 – 10am-3pm
Sunday is optional – see below
- – Friday March 15 – 10am-7pm
- – Saturday March 16 – 8am-9:30am
- – Immediately after close on Sunday, must be out of the building by 8pm
- – Booth space is 10×10, your booth will have 2, 8′ skirted tables and 2 chairs
- – Back of booth will be pipe and drape if you want to hang materials
Chowder Sales Saturday
- – Chowder contest, awards at 5:30, judging will be earlier in the day – to be announced
- – Tastes – 3oz chowder in 4oz cup (provided by Festival) only with a taste card – no selling of samples
- – Cups of chowder – no more than 8oz, price to be determined by restaurant
- – No other food will be served by restaurants as the Festival now has food booths
- – In the past, participants have served between 30 and 40 gallons on Saturday, less on Sunday.
Chowder Sales Sunday
- – Sunday is optional
- – Since the Passport is only on Saturday, you may sell “tastes” for $2 and 8oz cups for a price determined by each restaurant. There is no fee or commission.
- – You must have the appropriate Grays Harbor County Health Department license
- – The kitchen warming ovens are available for you to store additional chowder
- – The chowder must include clams, the type of clam is up to the restaurant, there are no other food requirements.
- – Cannot sell any other food, including beverages
- – There will be cash prizes and plaques for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
- – There will be a cash prize for “People’s Choice”
- – Winners will be promoted in a press release, on website, and Facebook
- – Participants shall provide a Certificate of Insurance naming Ocean Shores/North Beach Chamber of Commerce and the City of Ocean Shores as additional insured, in a minimum amount of $1,000,000.00 for each occurrence and $1,000,000.00 General Aggregate. This usually just requires a call to your insurance agent to get the certificate.
- – Scott Nagel, Executive Producer, 360-808-3940, firstname.lastname@example.org